tirsdag 12. februar 2008

The US-blog 2008


Dear reader (you who are invited are member of the Bleie/Kambestad family or a friend) If you had asked me a month ago I would not have believed that this would happen, but on Friday last week (1/2) I did it: I bought flight tickets with KLM on the internet from Bergen to Minneapolis via Amsterdam. Departure 13. February, and flight home again from Minneapolis 25. February. What trigged me was when I one late night last week 'googled' Robert Bly, and on the internet I then could read bright articles on the Peer Gynt-production that he has translated from Norwegian and adapted for the for Guthrie Theatre in Minneapolis.

I wrote almost at once an e-mail to Robert and Ruth and told them that I would like to come see them and watch the play before it was taken off the theatre’s schedule on March second. I got e-mail back from Ruth that it would be fun to go to the play together with me. At he same time I wrote to Jarrett and Barbara that I was thinking of coming and that I wished to see them. They wrote back that they welcomed me to stay with them. Well, like that it was done. Now I got electronical tickets with KLM to Minneapolis and back home again. I have to prepare this trip very well, both concerning Robert Bly and Peer Gynt, and the other project that I plan: a trip by car from Minneapolis to North Dakota, near Watford City, where we in our family own these mineral rights. More on both topics will come here later.

If you take the time to publish comments, feel free to do so. Or, if you want, you send me an e-mail (oivindsolheim@gmail.com ), I'll be very happy to read it!

Ingen kommentarer:

Om meg

oivindsolheim@gmail.com